(updated 13 February 2013)
- Methodology of SF&W
- SF&W – biases
(The bibliography related to governance, state, state-building and the construction of the underlying dynamic network for Everstate has been moved here)
Arcade, Jacques, Godet, Michel, Meunier, Francis, and Roubelat, Fabrice, “Structural Analysis with the MICMAC Method & Actors’ Strategy with MACTOR Method,” The Millennium Project: Futures Research Methodology, Version 3.0, Ed. Jerome C. Glenn and Theodore J. 2009, Ch 11.
Curry, Andrew & Schultz, Wendy “Roads Less Travelled: Different Methods, Different Futures,” Journal of Futures Studies, May 2009, 13(4): 35 – 60.
Epstein, Joshua M. “Why Model?” Santa Fe Institute Working Papers, 2008
Glenn, Jerome C. and The Futures Group International, “Scenarios,” The Millennium Project: Futures Research Methodology, Version 3.0, Ed. Jerome C. Glenn and Theodore J. 2009, Ch 19.
Grabo, Cynthia M., Anticipating Surprise: Analysis for Strategic Warning, edited by Jan Goldman, (Lanham MD: University Press of America, May 2004).
Hanneman, Robert A. and Mark Riddle. 2005. Introduction to social network methods. Riverside, CA: University of California, Riverside (published in digital form at http://faculty.ucr.edu/~hanneman/ )
Ritchey, Tom; “Morphological analysis,” The Millennium Project: Futures Research Methodology, Version 3.0, Ed. Jerome C. Glenn and Theodore J. 2009, Ch 17.
2 – SF&W – biases
Anderson, Craig A., Mark R. Lepper, and Lee Ross. “Perseverance of Social Theories: The Role of Explanation in the Persistence of Discredited Information.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 1980, Vol. 39, No.6, 1037-1049.
Heuer, Richards J. Jr., Psychology of Intelligence Analysis, Center for the Study of Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, 1999.
3 – Some of the links I use most often or that are particularly interesting for SF&W
Content and analysis
- Dart-Throwing Chimp by Jay Ulfelder, PhD - Political Science, forecasting, regimes, mass atrocities, Africa.
- Envisioning Technology by Michell Zappa - Design and technology
- FTalphaville - Finance, markets and economy
- Gephi - open source social network analysis software
- J. Ransom Clark’s Bibliography on the Literature of Intelligence
- Relazioni Internazionali – modelli e teorie - Relations Internationales
- Silendo – Studi Strategici ed Intelligence… for dummies - Intelligence Studies
- The Oildrum - Energy, Peak Oil
- Zerohedge - Finance, markets and economy
Process and product
- “How to get striking images on your blog (for free)” by Dotcomma.me - News and resources for writers, editors, bloggers and curators
- Scenario Library by HHL Center for Strategy and Scenario Planning
New Opposition Nexus
- AnonOps Communications
- International Democracia Real Ya (DRY – International) - in 8 languages
- Occupy Together
- Take the Square
- The Occupied USA aggregator
- Visualize news from @Occupy_USA
- World Revolution info
Various forecasts and predictions
- The top 10 forecasts for the next 10 years by the World Future Society (December 2011 – Youtube video)