To follow up on last week’s list of 2013 predictions, here is the yield for the first week of 2013, which should end the series for this year.
Nations prepare for cyber war, David Goldman @CNNMoneyTech, January 7, 2013.
2013: Lucky or unlucky for the world economy? Anastasiya Kostomarova, Business RT, 4 Jan 2013.
Analysis – Doom scenario far-fetched but euro gloom to deepen, Alan Wheatley, Reuters, Jan 7, 2013 (note: not exactly presented as a 2013 prediction, but not very far from it either, and interesting anyway).
2013 Outlook & Forecast, Kiron Sarkar, The Big Picture, January 5th, 2013.
Back To The Future, Zero Hedge, Jan 7 2013.
The 96 Charts That Have To Be Seen To Believed For 2013, Zero Hedge, 01/02/2013 and corresponding original EYE ON THE MARKET, OUTLOOK 2013, Michael Cembalest, JPMorgan Asset Management’s Chairman of Market and Investment Strategy, J.P. Morgan Private Bank (pdf).
2013, Bruce Krasting, Zero Hedge, 12/29/2012.
10 National Security Threats in 2013, By Lamont Colucci, USNews World Report, January 3, 2013.
A Better Year: 2013 Forecast for Asian Economies, Anthony Fensom, The Diplomat, 3 January, 2013.
10 ASEAN Trends to Watch for in 2013, Prashanth Parameswaran, The Diplomat, January 4, 2013.
2013 Predictions: A Strengthening Economy, John Lounsbury and Steven Hansen, Global Economic Intersection, Dec 30, 2012.
Raising the curtain on 2013, FT writers, FT, December 30, 2012.
2013: Crunch time for the global economy, Joseph E. Stiglitz. World Economic Forum, Jan 2nd 2013.
Global Risks 2013 report, World Economic Forum, 8th January 2013 (forthcoming).
- 2013 will be the same old story for business – and still no happy ending, Terry Macalister, Dan Milmo, Rupert Neate, Heather Stewart, Jill Treanor and Zoe Wood, The Observer, 30 December 2012;
- Iran: another year on the edge of the volcano, Simon Tisdall, The Guardian, 1 January 2013;
- Spain: the pain of austerity deepens, Giles Tremlett, The Guardian, 1 January 2013;
- 2013, like 1913, could see epic transformations in world order, Simon Tisdall, The Guardian, 30 December 2012.
- Global development podcast transcript: hopes and fears for 2013, guardian.co.uk, 28 December 2012.
Ten trends for 2013, ECFR & Nicholas Walton, The European Council on Foreign Relations, 1 Jan 2013.
Featured image: John Dee’s crystal ball. Now in the collection of the British Museum. By Vassil (Own work) [CC0], via Wikimedia Commons.