On 4 June 2019, the French National Cybersecurity Agency, the ANSSI, celebrated its 10th Anniversary with a Cyberfestival.
The Agora 41 is taking shape
The Agora 41 (see its dedicated page on the ANSSI website) was fully part of the event. In September 2018, the ANSSI created this strategic forum of discussion and reflection composed by a group of experts (see Shaping the Security of the Cyber Future – Fr).
- (Open Access) The Red (Team) Analysis Weekly – 12 December 2019
- Artificial Intelligence, climate change and the U.S military
- Are your Scenarios Valid? Test and Check List in 6 points
- How to Analyse Future Security Threats (4): Scenarios and War
- The U.S. Army versus a Warming Planet
- U.S. National Security Commission for Artificial Intelligence Interim report – Signal
- Quantum Optimization and the Future of Government
- China, the African Swine Fever Pandemics and Geopolitics
Each of my fellow-members and I work more particularly on one of the five following themes:
- Imagining the Cyber-World and its Security (aka “imagination”)
- Enter the GAFAM and the BATX: New rules for a new game on a new board? (aka “regulation” – my group)
- Winning the Talents’ War (aka “talents”)
- Cyber-self – see webpage (aka “cyber-moi/self”)
- Enabling a Victorious Cyber-Ecosystem for Security (aka “ecosystem”)
The only rule we have to follow is freedom… of thoughts, production, output. And, of course, freedom is challenging.
During the event, each group presented its work in progress. We are all breaking new ground as this is the Agora 41 first year. We notably all managed to come to terms with the challenge to get busy experts from very diverse backgrounds working together. The diversity, willingly built within the Agora 41, thus starts bearing fruits. Cross-fertilisation and emergence of novel ideas for and perspectives on cybersecurity for the 21st century has begun.
A very special Guest, Professor Villani
Most notably, Professor Cédric Villani, the very famous French mathematician and elected deputy at the National Assembly, the leading and key political figure in France for everything related to sciences and new technologies, unexpectedly, included the Agora 41 in his very busy agenda.
Professor Villani listened to presentations, shared insights and commended the Agora’s efforts.
A Special issue to download
Last but not least, for the ANSSI’s anniversary, Sécurité Globale (Global Security) published a special number.
You will find there contributions from the ANSSI Director, Guillaume Poupard, and from members of the Agora 21. You can download this special number as pdf below:Sécurité Globale - Numéro Spécial Cybersécurité - 10ème Anniversaire de l'ANSSI